Electrophysiology Accreditation Training
This online workshop is designed to assist facilities in their preparation for Electrophysiology (EP) Accreditation. Most EP Accreditation training will be delivered as an online workshop in webinar format unless noted as an in-person workshop.
Registration for 2018 Training Opening Soon.
|Tuesday, March 20, 2018||10am - 1pm|
Facilities that have purchased Electrophysiology Accreditation Services are eligible to attend one online Electrophysiology Accreditation workshop at no charge. ACC reserves the right to change the date and time of any online workshop and is not liable for any expenses incurred by the registrants due to such changes. If any changes are made, all registrants will be informed.
Electrophysiology Workshop Learning Objectives
- Explain step-by-step how to apply for accreditation, access online documents, and complete the application process
- Examine the six key areas in which a facility must demonstrate expertise and validate completion of all mandatory items
- Gain an understanding of the science of process improvements as a continuous learning and building strategy leading to improved patient care and outcomes for the electrophysiology patient
- Learn about the pathophysiology, assessment, treatment, management, and current guideline recommendations for the care of the electrophysiology patient
- Develop an understanding of quality assessment process improvement (QAPI) initiatives that result in improvement in the care and safety of the electrophysiology patient utilizing measures derived from NCDR Summary metrics report
- Integrate continuous process improvement in all aspects of electrophysiology lab patient care
- Standardize the assessment processes for patients before undergoing a procedure in the electrophysiology lab to ensure quality and safety are the priority
- Learn about the care coordination in the procedure room for sedation, infection control, radiation safety and universal protocol and time out procedures
Other Topics Covered
- How to access and navigate the resources within the EP Tool
- How EP Accreditation can impact your Value Based Purchasing score
- How to incorporate the appropriate hand-off procedures into your EP recovery process, access site management and monitoring, and tracking complications
- How to improve physician-to-patient and family communication, and discharge instructions and patient information for follow-up